So do you do it? Its kind of naughty, a little selfish and *ahem* very satisfying… I am of course talking about self-gifting. The act of treating yourself to the thing you want because, well, you’re worth it!
Now, I have a few personal rules for gifting to ones self.
- Firstly they must be bargains (no extravagance here, thats for wish lists and actual gifts from loved ones),
- They should be relatively frivolous – theres no joy in self gifting yourself something like nail varnish remover but a lovely nail varnish, now thats completely different,
- They should ALWAYS make you feel good,
- They shouldnt cost too much – £20 is usually my limit, spending more for no reason makes me feel a bit guilty!
We all deserve a treat now and again and as women we often put everyone before ourselves, particularly once we become mothers.
So, need some self-gifting inspiration? Here’s the last 10 things I self-gifted myself starting from just £1…
1) Striped tee £4.99
2) Tulle skirt £14.99 / all New Look
3) Adidas red gazelles (kids) £19.50 / Very.co.uk
4) Lace ruffle top / £15 / V by Very
5) Stationary inc planner clipboard £1.50 / Wilkinsons
A5 lightbox £12.99 / New Look
6) Embroidered biker jacket £10
7) Pin badge set £1
8) Gold textured boots £7 / all Primark
9) Asymmetric earrings £3 / Topshop
10) Glitter boots £7.50 / TU at Sainsbury
Not so keen to self-gift? Why not try the ‘I’ve bought this and you can give it to me as my birthday/mothers day/theres an r in the month present’. I find that one works well too!!!
Do you love to treat yourself and what do you treat yourself with? I’d love to know…