As you probably know I’m recently engaged and as a stylist the look of my wedding is a big deal – to be honest the look of EVERYTHING is important to me!
As well as blogging here I also write inspiration blogs on wedding styling and have styled a couple of real life weddings, so new wedding ranges and trends are always of interest.
When I heard about www.confetti.co.uk‘s Style it like a Pro event I was really excited. The chance to meet some other like-minded bloggers, see the new ranges and also see some styling ideas in practice.
As a trained stylist I wasn’t expecting to learn anything new but it was a great refresher and definitely made me get excited about weddings! Seeing all the products, being able to touch and feel them plus see the gorgeous looks set up in real life was great.
So what were the Confetti.co.uk in-house stylist’s top tips for styling a wedding display?
- Firstly always consider three main things when styling – height, detail and texture
- Once you have those in your display then think about colour and theme. Three of their main trends were shown to us – Industrial, Vintage & Woodland. The boho side of me defintely liked the rustic, fairytale look of Woodland the best but they were all lovely.
- Look to use a small amount of alternative ideas, such as mixing themes or repurposing items e.g. cake toppers as ornaments or cupcake holders holding decorative accents or candles.
- If you’re mixing things together then make sure you keep a constant. If you mix themes for example keep the colour palette the same.
- Finally, make it personal – this is your wedding, pick things you love and make it beautiful in your own way.
I had great fun Instgram’ing all the pretty stuff I spied…
Even the refreshments were beautiful – imagine having these lovely things at your wedding reception…
Here are some of my favourite items from the day…
Industial look table centrepiece – I love the starkness of the galvanised metal and chalkboard area for information, plus the flowers add a pretty and fresh element.
Lace parasol – the intricate detail of this full sized parasol was so beautiful and perfect for shading the bride or her guests at a summer wedding. There’s also a mini version that can be used as a display piece that is super cute.
Embracing bear cake toppers – These ceramic bears are actually designed to sit on top of the wedding cake but used as decorative pieces within the Woodland theme looked just adorable.
We were told that around 75% of the products are developed in-house for some unique style you wont find anywhere else. Great for all of us who want to be unique…and lets be honest everyone wants that on their wedding day. I definitely was impressed with the range and will be persuing the website soon for a few key pieces for myself…Hey, I am engaged! Look out for them styled in further blogs.
Confetti.co.uk has teamed up with some of the leading UK wedding brands to provide one lucky couple with a stunning prize package in their Win Your Wedding competition. The winner will receive the key components needed to have the wedding of their dreams, without the hefty price tag up to the value of a huge £40000!
Enter the competition today for your chance to win – I have! Find it on the website here. The winning couple will receive…*takes a deep breath*
- Reception Venue courtesy of Big Chief Tipi
- Wedding Photography courtesy of Jenny Martin Photography
- Discounted Wedding Photography courtesy of Portobello Picture Co
- Bridal Makeup courtesy of Made Up Makeup and Beauty
- Caviar courtesy of Kings Fine Food
- Bridal Lingerie courtesy of StephieAnn Design
- Wedding Album courtesy of Illustries
- Wedding Transportation courtesy of Transformer Cars
- Flower Girl Dress courtesy of Poppy England
- Bridal Dressing courtesy of Bridal Dressing by Angela
- Wedding Stationery, Veil, Wedding Favours, Ceremony Accessories, Table and Venue Decor, Personalised Decor and Venue Styling courtesy of Confetti.co.uk
- Thank You Flowers for the Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom
- Bridal Shoes courtesy of Crystal Bridal Accessories
- Bridesmaid Jewellery courtesy of Tigerlily Jewellery
- Wedding Caricature Entertainment courtesy of The Wedding Artist
- Fabric flower bouquet courtesy of Daphne Rosa
- Photo Scarves x3 courtesy of My Story Gifts
- Groom and Usher Suits courtesy of Stephen Bishop Suiting
- Wedding celebration recipe book courtesy of Recipe Gift Book
- Speech Writing Services courtesy of Great Speech Writing
- Bridal Headwear courtesy of Cata Vassalo
- Reception Entertainment courtesy of Warble Entertainment
- Boudoir Photography Session courtesy of Divine Divas
- Videography courtesy of Shoot it Yourself
- Male Shaving Hamper x4 courtesy of Dalit Goods Co.
- Spa break and beauty package for two courtesy of Ardencote Manor
- Doodle Duvet and Pens Bundle courtesy of Eat Sleep Doodle
- Photobooth courtesy of Picture Blast
- Bridal Gown courtesy of Eternity Bridal
- Wedding Dress Storage courtesy of Empty Box Company
- Cyprus Honeymoon courtesy of Kanika Hotels
- Bridesmaid Dresses courtesy of Alexia Designs
- Bridal Coaching Hen Party courtesy of The Bridal Coach
- Stag Party courtesy of StagWeb
- Hen Party courtesy of GoHen
- Silk Flowers courtesy of Petals Polly
- Live Band courtesy of earcandy
- Wedding Bands courtesy of Beaverbrooks
- Wedding Coordination courtesy of Black Pearl Weddings
- First Anniversary Short Break courtesy of SuperBreak
- Mobile Bar courtesy of Mambo Mobile Bars
- Table Top Love Letter Lights courtesy of The White Bulb
- A Bespoke Wedding Memory Book courtesy of Memeoirs
- Wedding Macaron Favours courtesy of Anyonita Nibbles
Now thats an impressive prize!